• For home decor and display items: Place items away from direct sunlight when not in use. Wood and resin pieces will wear out over time if exposed to sunlight and moisture without regular maintenance.
• For dining and kitchenware: Our items are coated with food-safe beeswax mineral oil (unless otherwise stated). You can place your food items directly on your bowls or charcuterie boards. However, refrain from plating strong-tasting or deeply coloured items.
• Rinse item by hand, and wash with warm water using a non-abrasive sponge and soap.
• Do not use a dishwasher as prolonged contact with water and cleaning agents will cause cracks and warping of wood-based items.
• Dry your items immediately with a clean, dry cloth. Let it air dry overnight, if possible.
• Store in cool, dry places. Avoid storage in humid places to prevent mould.
• Do take care not to drop or knock your pieces, as it could compromise the integrity of your piece.
• To prolong the lifespan of your Hands Design pieces, do clean items with a soft cloth occasionally to keep it in pristine condition.